Drinking the Kool-Aid

Discussion in 'iPad Reviews' started by BigJim, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Catfiend

Catfiend
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    By the by, if you really want answers to questions you're better off to:
    - Phrase them as questions.
    - Be polite.
    - Be concise.

The way that you approached this bears most of the marks of a troll but I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

2. Rudinater

Rudinater
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    The op is yet another example of someone going out and buying something they know nothing about. Then they get upset when it does not meet there expected needs. 20 minutes of research on google and he would have found all of this out.

These are all dead horses and have been beaten to dead long ago.

You have two options, return it or suck it up and deal with it. Now pick one.

3. Dlh1970

Dlh1970
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ok I'll bite. You don't have to convert your video files to play them. There are several apps that can play all file types. OPlayer HD is a nice litte app for this. If you don't want to conect to itunes all the time you can use Dropbox to transfer files. I'm new to Ipad too. I think it's a great little machine and am having a lot of fun with it. It could never replace my laptop, but that was never it's purpose. There are lots of tips and tricks on this forumn and people willing to give advice. You just need to go about it a little differently.

#23 Dlh1970, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  4. BigJim

BigJim
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Dlh1970. I'll check out OPlayer and Dropbox. And if you ever want an alternative to iBooks try Bookman, its free. It doesn't support as many formats, but it has a nice bookshelf preview of .pdf files that works better than iBooks.

5. BigJim

BigJim
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Appreciated.

Regarding iTunes, I view it as a rather more serious and indeed deliberate breach on Apple's part. We've entrusted Apple with sometimes thousands of dollars worth of music. We've trusted iTunes to continue to offer the same functionality. But now the iTunes (or iPod app) on the iPad has removed the ability to access a remote library.

Anyway I will pursue this iTunes issue in a different sub-forum.

6. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:

I think he is going to deal with it. And as long as we are all respectful ~ perhaps we can help him deal.;)

7. Al Rogers

Al Rogers
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    You are so right Marie,step back everyone and take a breath,life is too short and stress will do you in,dont get so up-tight. ;)

8. blckz28

blckz28
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Back to #3 on the OP, I use StreamToMe to stream all my music and videos from my media server to my iPad and it works great. It does require a background application to be running on the server so if your NAS doesn't support that then check out FileBrowser. It also supports streaming and has built in AirPlay support.

#28 blckz28, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  9. BigJim

BigJim
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm coping. Appreciate the specific suggestions.

10. Mountainbikermark

Mountainbikermark
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    What about Orb? A program you put your desktop and a website you bookmark on your device and it allows the device to stream media (not just music) to your device from your desktop. I've not tried it on my Ipad but I used to use it on my Dare phone and Omnia phone.
    I have gobs of stuff on my Inc so I haven't needed it on it but it works on it too

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad