What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale New Gem Dragon Contest :D

marie6065

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nobody making a guess yet for Opal, well I may change it yet but so far my guess is Poison and Sandstorm!

GC ID: mari3c ~ Patience & Perseverance

Last edited:

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
marie6065 said:
Nobody making a guess yet for Opal, well I may change it yet but so far my guess is Poison and Sandstorm!

I'm going to go sandstorm and either plasma and current! Im thinking it will need to have water element as its found in the depth of the sea! Any word on it yet on their Facebook page?

:D diz diz dizzy

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dizdizdizzy said:
I'm going to go sandstorm and either plasma and current! Im thinking it will need to have water element as its found in the depth of the sea! Any word on it yet on their Facebook page?

I'm having hard time guessing the combo for Opal because of its multi color, so i'll just wait for the sneak peak. But you don't have to go deep in the water to find this, it can easily be found in Australia, which produces 97% of the world's supply. :D So i think you Aussie have great advantage with the Opal Dragon. ;)

marie6065

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dizdizdizzy said:

Most of the worlds Opal comes from Cooper Pedy in South Australia. The rarest form is the Black Opal which is mined at Lightning Ridge in NSW and just north of Cooper-Pedy in Mintabi. I'm leaning towards sandstorm for the Silica and poison for the colours, but water is also present so until I see the preview I can't decide between poison or water.

MalooJay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are so many types of opal its hard to know what it's going to look like. I'm guessing flower & swamp on colors. Will be offline when it comes i think though, I'm on holidays :).

ms sparkle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I gave it a lot of thought and might still be totally wrong but I say sandstorm and rust.

This combo has air, water, metal and earth. These seem like all the elements needed to create an opal stone.. And rust has a brown-greenish color too, but there are soooooo many different color options for opal. Very difficult to choose! We'll see ;)

Zati

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kryp2n8 said:
I'm having hard time guessing the combo for Opal because of its multi color, so i'll just wait for the sneak peak. But you don't have to go deep in the water to find this, it can easily be found in Australia, which produces 97% of the world's supply. :D So i think you Aussie have great advantage with the Opal Dragon. ;)

so funny i just saw a show on opal mining. its one of the hardest, dirtiest and dangerous jobs. also its in the middle of Australia and the road that brings you there is really dangerous. Aussies DV fans know what road im talking about. ( i forgot its name )

So ... ill guess sandstorm is one of the dragons.

peppiegal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
marie6065 said:
No sneak peek yet!

We must not be getting one this month so I will make my guess. I'm guessing it will have water and cold in it. In guessing snow and rust. Opals always remind me of the sparkling snow. I cant wait to see the dragon! Opals are y favorite gem.

gcid: KOKO~PUFFS I only accept friends so message me if you add me ~*Ashley*~ ;)

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Opals are simply a combination of silica and water. Or, to be more precise: Opals are a gel from silica, with varying percentages of water.

Silica is Silicon Dioxide, it is made of the elements Oxygen and Silicon, also known as Sand or Quartz

I don't think BFS will be so mean to required Sandstorm, this dragon is also hard to bred.

So i'm thinking a combination of earth, air and water, but more on water, so my guess is:

Mud+Fog

marie6065

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kryp2n8 said:
Opals are simply a combination of silica and water. Or, to be more precise: Opals are a gel from silica, with varying percentages of water.

Silica is Silicon Dioxide, it is made of the elements Oxygen and Silicon, also known as Sand or Quartz

I don't think BFS will be so mean to required Sandstorm, this dragon is also hard to bred.

So i'm thinking a combination of earth, air and water, but more on water, so my guess is:

Mud+Fog

Me thinks you may be on the money with that combo Marc.

marie6065

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kryp2n8 said:

Mud+Fog

Yes after what you have said about sandstorm being hard to get, I ve had to change my mind and after reading more and also liking your pick Marc I will have to settle for, I hate to say it but .......

Crystal + Mud, was going to say Crystal and fog but that would be worse than the crystal, with Olympus & Rainbow in the mix so my guess is

Crystal and mud

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
marie6065 said:
Yes after what you have said about sandstorm being hard to get, I ve had to change my mind and after reading more and also liking your pick Marc I will have to settle for, I hate to say it but .......

Crystal + Mud, was going to say Crystal and fog but that would be worse than the crystal, with Olympus & Rainbow in the mix so my guess is

Crystal and mud

I was thinking too that if the Opal has a unique color, and there is no dragon to match the color of the Opal, they will use Crystal again. :D we never know what BFS have in mind and why they don't let us have a sneak peak yet, it can also be a Tourmaline. :D

ms sparkle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
marie6065 said:
Me thinks you may be on the money with that combo Marc.

Yep, me too.. We'll see!

marie6065

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kryp2n8 said:
I was thinking too that if the Opal has a unique color, and there is no dragon to match the color of the Opal, they will use Crystal again. :D we never know what BFS have in mind and why they don't let us have a sneak peak yet, it can also be a Tourmaline. :D

Ha ha... Then it will be Crystal and Iron if it's Tourmaline!

Most reactions

Latest posts