What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading it now

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks scifan57, you are correct but I am in my 70's and use a little bigger font and I just found out that the problem is the font size. If you use a very small font you get your 2 page setup back. Using one that I can read it doesn't work. I've tried it with 6 books...

Sorry I don't even know how old I am. (67)

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) I just turned 70 y/o - and have been wearing 'progressive Varilux lenses' for a while - several years ago, I complained to my optometrist that reading (either a physical book or on my iPad) was more difficult w/ these lenses (i.e. twisting my head up & down for the 'perfect angle'); SO, I asked for another set of half-lens glasses w/ just my presbyopic prescription along w/ slight magnification - w/ these specs, I can easily read books and also the smaller fonts on my iPad e-reader apps.

NOW, you may have already tried a bunch of 'glasses' options, if so, then my comments may be of no use to you - if not, then try some magnification in reading glasses if you are having similar issues to mine. Good luck and let us know your results - plenty of 'oldsters' here, likely w/ similar visual complaints. Dave

P.S. let me also add since I'm not sure you mentioned the iPad you own - BUT, one w/ retina resolution really makes a difference.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks scifan57, you are correct but I am in my 70's and use a little bigger font and I just found out that the problem is the font size. If you use a very small font you get your 2 page setup back. Using one that I can read it doesn't work. I've tried it with 6 books are it proved out
Thanks again

It's not much, but if you select a sans-serif font you can go one more size up; however, Times New Roman is the only serif font so you're probably already there. Try the other fonts anyway, since some are more readable at smaller sizes than others.

Attachments

• IMG_1786.PNG
    IMG_1786.PNG
    498.8 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1787.PNG
    IMG_1787.PNG
    511.2 KB · Views: 208

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS 10.0 only appeared for a short time as the first Gold Master before being updated to iOS 10.0.1 prior to the public release.

Most reactions

Latest posts