What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't hate me but I'm selling my iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a laptop, desktop computer, smartphone and iPad. Love them all for different uses. My iPad is my relaxation device. I search forums, read articles, play some games, do Facebook and emails.

Desktop is my workhorse, laptop is my pony. Smartphone is my connection to the world in my pocket, always with me and always ready to perform some of the things I do on the others, but not as efficient in doing some of them.

I think you will find less of a need for your laptop two years from now. Things are just getting started. Relax and enjoy the evolution.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree. I have laptop, phone, and iPad and I love them all for different reasons. I use laptop very rarely though

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I installed the logmein app so now I can run my business computer from anyplace with my iPad.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jduncan said:
Yeah, I installed the logmein app so now I can run my business computer from anyplace with my iPad.

One of the great advantages of iPad. Light and portable. The 10 hours of battery make it slap any windows computer in the face.

beavers52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All great comments here, especially from those noting the specific usefulness of up to two or three devices, as well, the gentleman who noted that among other things, his iPAD is a relaxation tool (same for me!). Here is the bottom line ... Among other things, I beta-test new technologies including smartphones, pads, notebooks, etc, for my company ... I constantly research applications and their usefulness. I am connected (albeit I cant say how) to Apple engineering - 2 years ago I had a iPhone & ThinkPad 510w (all fixed up) ... I have used nearly every mfg PC on the market. I now have three devices (iPhone 4, iPAD, and MacBook Pro) ... without question, the very best technology available on the market, incredible interface with tons of bells & whistles as you know. The iPAD is kind of the 'go between' of the three devices, however I find is the most enjoyable to use...it does about everything short of making you dinner (although I am sure there will be an App for that soon :) I can do the heavy lifting with the MacBook Pro, and with up to 10 hours battery, its light, has a big screen, and a great machine for the road warrior (I travel over 100k miles per yr). To be clear, you'll get out of the devices what they put into them. One must invest the time to properly know how to use them ... Whatever decision you make, I won't be surprised to see you w/ an iPAD again down the road ~ Now, if I can just figure out how to get the wording iPAD Noob out from under the bottom of my name :)

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FLParrothead said:
I've had my iPad for about 4 months and I believe it's time to part ways. There are many things I like about the iPad. I even like iTunes. It's an efficient way to keep track of music, photos, and other forms of entertainment. I was hoping to "dump" my laptop and go strictly with the iPad but that's just not possible. And I didn't like carrying around a cellphone in addition to the iPad. My solution is to sell the iPad (32gb, WiFi only) and purchase an iPhone 4.

With all that being said, are there any iPad classifieds that exist in cyberspace? I realize I can always sell it through Ebay, but would rather avoid that if possible. Any suggestions.

Thanks!!

Try Craigslist. We sold our television through this site and it worked out well. When my son received his iPhone 4 he listed his older iPhone on the site and within MINUTES (not hours or days) his phone was blowing up with buyers!! He sold it for $100 MORE than what he wanted because the callers had started bidding on it!!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts