Don't hate me but I'm selling my iPad.

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by FLParrothead, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. graywolf

graywolf
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    I hate you.

No, jk. :D

2. Jman09

Jman09
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I also don't think it was meant to replace a Laptop or even a Netbook. Its a great piece of technology to use along side either or both.

Quick easy web browsing, keeping photos, music and videos on the go with you.
    I stopped taking my now 4.5 year old MacBook to college with me because of the weight of it. The iPad 2 is great to use in-between classes and with apps like iAnnotate I can take notes on top of my teachers powerpoint slides instead of printing them out like I used to. The Kindle reader app is one of my favorites along with Zinio Magazine app.

You just have to find ways to justify keeping it. If I wasn't getting the use I expected from mine I would sell it as well.
    No one can hate you. You tried a product and didn't like it, now you want to sell it.
    The one weird thing is why go through the trouble of joining a forum to announce that you are selling your iPad?

3. GenerationX

GenerationX
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    ya, all this time i assumed he was an old member here, until i checked his post count... Im guessing he was hoping for people to give him ideas on why he should keep it.

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Craigslist is an option, as long as you follow a few rules.

- Cash only.

- Local only, no shipping, especially to Nigeria.

- Meet in a public place and inspect the goods/money.

If it sounds suspicious, trust your instincts and say no, no matter how desperately they try and convince you that they are only doing it for their cousin. . . in Nigeria.

Also, research your asking price and know what is realistic. People are going to try and scam you into a quick sell at a low price so that they can make a profitable resell. This is especially true of hot tech items.

I've sold all of one item on on Craigslist using these three rules. The remaining comments are impressions from that one experience. I did get my asking price, though I had to travel further than I originally specified which made that less of a triumph. ;)

5. FLParrothead

FLParrothead
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I joined this forum a month before I got the iPad and read this forum everyday. I just don't post because I still feel like a newbie and don't have a lot of insight to offer.

Not really looking for reasons to keep the iPad...just looking for safe avenues for sale. I visited the Apple store yesterday and liked the iPhone. I just believe that will better suit my purpose for now.

6. Bimjo

Bimjo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Dude, it's your money. If you don't like the thing, sell it & get what you want.

7. Harley man

Harley man
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    You should Waite a little longer for the iPhone 5 I just saw might be out about sept 5

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

8. jduncan

jduncan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I have a laptop, desktop computer, smartphone and iPad. Love them all for different uses. My iPad is my relaxation device. I search forums, read articles, play some games, do Facebook and emails.

Desktop is my workhorse, laptop is my pony. Smartphone is my connection to the world in my pocket, always with me and always ready to perform some of the things I do on the others, but not as efficient in doing some of them.

I think you will find less of a need for your laptop two years from now. Things are just getting started. Relax and enjoy the evolution.

9. graywolf

graywolf
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    I agree. I have laptop, phone, and iPad and I love them all for different reasons. I use laptop very rarely though

10. jduncan

jduncan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I installed the logmein app so now I can run my business computer from anyplace with my iPad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.