What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Ipad have a 3G adapter?

YelloNymph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does ipad have 3g adapter? like Huwaei thingy? :) juz asking though. I bought an ipad wifi thinking that my iphone4 hotspot works. But i don't think it works here in the philippines. :(

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does ipad have 3g adapter? like Huwaei thingy? :) juz asking though. I bought an ipad wifi thinking that my iphone4 hotspot works. But i don't think it works here in the philippines. :(

If you can create a hotspot on your iPhone4 (what version of iOS do you have - it needs at least version 4.3) then this should work just fine if your iPhone service provider allows tethering. They may charge extra for this service, though.

Tim

OP
Y

YelloNymph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes, i already have an ios 4.3...after upgrading my ios to 4.3, i decided im going to buy an ipad2 wifi instead of wifi + 3g... and now, i can't seem to work my hotspot..well, i guess i have to call my provider for that one though. :( i should've go for the wifi +3g...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know that in the US and UK, you do need to contact your provider and have 'tethering' enabled on your account before you can use it on the iPhone4. Unfortunately, they charge you more.....:(

Tim

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spammer about to go bye bye:D

I told you so . . . . . .Gone:p

Last edited:

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the ipad one there was a kit add one thing that added 3G CDMA service to WiFi Ipads. This was when Verzion got in to the game. But the Ipad2 now have built in 3G CDMA service for verzion and I have not heard about the kit again.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On the ipad one there was a kit add one thing that added 3G CDMA service to WiFi Ipads. This was when Verzion got in to the game. But the Ipad2 now have built in 3G CDMA service for verzion and I have not heard about the kit again.

The kit was just a Verizon MiFi 3G hotspot bundled with the iPad. You can still get the MiFi, but I don't know if you can get it with the (usually) cheaper iPad data plans. Any of the various portable hotspot devices will work with an iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts