What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone have a strong opion on any of these iWorks Manuals?

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here they are...

Apple Training Series : iWork 09[NOOKbook]
by: Richard Harrington

iWork '09 Pocket Genius[NOOKbook]
by: Guy Hart-Davis

iWork 09 For Dummies[NOOKbook]
by: Jesse Feiler

iWork '09 : The Missing Manual[NOOKbook]
by: Josh Clark

Obviously grabbed from Barnes and Noble (I have a gift card from there).

If you have an opinion on any of these, please let me know, I'd like to get a decent one. Maybe I'll go browse BAM (it's the only bookstore we have...)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Guess most of us just muddled through using the apps and didn't resort to manuals.
Good luck with your choice and avoid the dummies. I really hate their jokey condescension, to say nothing of their titles.

OP
Hal05154

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guess most of us just muddled through using the apps and didn't resort to manuals.
Good luck with your choice and avoid the dummies. I really hate their jokey condescension, to say nothing of their titles.

Thanks for the heads up on the "Dummies" series. I had never heard good or bad about it.

Hal

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hal05154 said:
That was cool, but unfortunatly is STILL didn't tell me how to modify the chart legend. TOO simplified (grrr...). I may have to just go with Excel. :mad:

The chart legend is pretty limited. The labels are taken from the column headers. Other than that you can move it around a bit by draging it and its handles.

The alternatve is to create your own using media and shapes. You can create various colored shapes with text in them, or just the text. A bit of a pain, but you would have much more controle over fonts, size, placement, etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts