Documents app problems

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by Darrenmcd, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Darrenmcd

Darrenmcd
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have a documents app on my IPad. If I am on seek.com.au searching for jobs I am right because I have a resume saved to seek. But if it directs me to another site to apply for the position I have to attach my resume but if I touch where they say "upload resume" it takes me to one of two options either take photo or use existing photo but no option to use the resume saved in my documents. Understand that I have bought iPad for dummies and am still lost so be easy on me hehe.

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Safari can only upload photos to websites. It's a basic limitation. Most third party web browsers have the same limitation. I was kind of hoping this would change with iOS 8, but it hasn't. At least not yet.

The one exception (that I know of) is iCab Mobile. You have to download or use Open In to get a copy of your file into iCab Mobile first, but it's possible to upload the file after that.

It does not work with every site. There are lots of different ways to implement a file uploader on the web, and not all of them work with iCab. You also have to dig into iCab's network settings and make sure the uploader is set for iCab Mobile (not iOS). Inside the app go to Settings (the gear icon) > Network > Uploads via.

There are a few other possible workarounds, but they are painful. The best option is to see if the site/company offers a more modern way to send your resume. Say, a DropBox link or share URL to some other cloud service. Or even, gasp, email.

Good luck.

3. Elizellen

Elizellen
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    It would be fiddly to do, but you could always do a screenshot of each page of your CV and then upload those one at a time.

4. Darrenmcd

Darrenmcd
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Than
    ks mate appreciate your time

5. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received: