1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Deleting mail

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Rudy, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Rudy

Rudy iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone know of an easy way to delete a lot of messages from your inbox easily. The edit option is too cumbersome for deleting a lot of emails - like over 150. Also anyone know how to mark email as junk? That's the reason I have so much stuff to delete. If not, Apple needs to update their mail app to allow you to mark mail as junk and to delete your entire inbox if desired.
  2. pluto6

pluto6 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    No good way. You need to set up your e-mail for your iDevice for very specific, low volume traffic... If you don't delete it, you will quickly run out of space, and your iPad will run really slowly in the mail app... - Options are to use a virtual e-mail, and set the spam filter to high. Have important e-mails go to your ipad, but have routine uses go to your virtual - that way when the inevitable spam starts showing up, you don't have to worry about it - it will self delete...
  3. Rudy

Rudy iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks. I didn't think I missed anything. How would I go about setting up a virtual email. Not familiar with that but it seems like the solution I'm looking for unless Apple updates their primitive iPad email app.
  4. pluto6

pluto6 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Virtual - as in Yahoo Mail, or Hot mail, or G Mail. Maybe most folks refer to this as Webmail, I don't know - but it would be through the internet, so the mail is not stored on your machine, but their servers.
  5. WICKED ...

WICKED ... iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This worked for me

First I deleted all old emails from the mail server. Then I set my MAIL PREFERENCES > MAILBOX BEHAVIORS like this: SENT: one week old; JUNK: quitting mail; TRASH: (check the box) one day old.

After this I went to PREFERENCES > MAILBOX BEHAVIORS > ADVANCED and checked both "Enable this account," and "Include when automatically checking..."

This worked for me.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  6. WICKED ...

WICKED ... iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This worked for me

First I deleted all old emails from the mail server. Then I set my MAIL PREFERENCES > MAILBOX BEHAVIORS like this: SENT: one week old; JUNK: quitting mail; TRASH: (check the box) one day old.

After this I went to PREFERENCES > MAILBOX BEHAVIORS > ADVANCED and checked both "Enable this account," and "Include when automatically checking..."

This worked for me.
  7. HowardBrazee

HowardBrazee iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I found that setting on my iPad in Settings/Mail/Contacts/Calendars/Brazee.

But my wife's account's settings don't seem to be visible (I looked in Settings/Mail/iCloud, but it seems to be on-off switches). Her e-mail is on iCloud now.