What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting Calendar Appointments

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
This may seem odd (and maybe I'm just a dunce) but I don't seem to be able to delete calendar inputs. I now have three duplicate meetings scheduled for the same time/day (perhaps because I get the announce from three different email accounts). If I could delete the extras all would be copasetic.

Thanks,

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Depends on what type of calendars you are syncing with. Some calendars can be synced as view only. Those events you'll have to delete using whatever service you are syncing with. You may or may not be able to set those calendars up as editable. Without more information about what type of account you are syncing to, I can't even make a good guess.

When you tap on an event, you'll get quick pop up. If it has a button to show Details, it's a view only calendar. If the button says Edit, then you can tap edit. At the bottom of the edit window that pops up will be a big red Delete Event button.

Extra related info: The Birthday Calendar is a special case of a view only calendar. You can't edit in the Calendar app. Instead you add and remove Birthdays in your Contacts app.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow - this is getting weird. I keep saying to myself that I always learn something new about the iPad every day. OK - so today's new 'nugget' is knowing about Birthdays being set in Contacts.....thanks, twerppoet, they should pay you.....

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, if anyone should happen to send money I'd accept. It would be just plain rude not to. :D

But really, I'm learning plenty myself, and you've contributed to that as much as anyone. All is even.

OP
slothead

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
These are all appointments received through a Microsoft Exchange input just like I have in my laptop linked to Outlook. And yes, they all show the "details" button. So where can I find a way to change what shows up on the iPad (I realize that I can disassociate the MSX calendar connection, but I don't want to do that)?

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I post a new thread please? Totally frustrated as signed in but unable to ask my question anywhere. This is my only way of contact so sorry to highjack, even reply to moderator did not work as his bin full! Plus I can get a heading line entered but won't let me write in the big box below....?then rejects as needs three characters min.
Stephen

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Click on 'iPad Forum' near the top of the web page.
Choose the topic area - say 'iPad Help' and click on it.
You'll see a 'Start new thread' button on that page.
Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
These are all appointments received through a Microsoft Exchange input just like I have in my laptop linked to Outlook. And yes, they all show the "details" button. So where can I find a way to change what shows up on the iPad (I realize that I can disassociate the MSX calendar connection, but I don't want to do that)?

Afraid I can't help much more. I have neither Outlook nor and Exchange account. Despite that I'm willing make some guesses.

If these are calendars you created and maintain, check the settings in Outlook for those calendars. Might be something there about how they are shared; public, private, editable.

If these are shared calendars that you subscribe to from someone else, you may need to talk to them.

And finally, if your account is a business one, your IT staff might be able to solver, or at least explain the problem.

Hopefully someone with more experience with the program and server will chime in with better advice.

OP
slothead

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
Afraid I can't help much more. I have neither Outlook nor and Exchange account. Despite that I'm willing make some guesses.

If these are calendars you created and maintain, check the settings in Outlook for those calendars. Might be something there about how they are shared; public, private, editable.

If these are shared calendars that you subscribe to from someone else, you may need to talk to them.

And finally, if your account is a business one, your IT staff might be able to solver, or at least explain the problem.

Hopefully someone with more experience with the program and server will chime in with better advice.
Thanks Twerppoet, I appreciate your willingness to assist. I'm not sure that these will all be helpful, but they do help me create some ideas.

Most reactions