What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead ipad?

batmbl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the second time for this. My ipad2 was charging while I went to work today. When I got home 8 hrs later I got absolutely nothing out of my unit -- no lights, no boot up, no nothing. Last time it happened it just came back on it's own a day later. Any reason for this? How do I fix it; how do I avoid it?:(

Last edited:

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
batmbl said:
This is the second time for this. My ipad2 was charging while I went to work today. When I got home 8 hrs later I got absolutely nothing out of my unit -- no lights, no boot up, no nothing. Last time it happened it just came back on it's own a day later. Any reason for this? How do I fix it; how do I avoid it?:(

Did you try rebooting by holding the power button and the home button down together for about 20 seconds?

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry ,but I cannot believe you went to work and left your iPad at home!!!
Are you not joined at the hip.
I would have withdrawal if I was apart for that long.
Good luck with the rebooting.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - rebooting should fix this. Not sure why it should happen though, particularly if it was left charging. I've had mine accidentally discharge before - I leave mine on 'Autolock' -> 'Never', a dangerous thing to do if it's ever off the charger. I wouldn't worry too much unless it happens too frequently.

Tim

brian_fantana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just a question. With the reboot what does it actually do that is different to just turning it off

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
just a question. With the reboot what does it actually do that is different to just turning it off

if buy turning it "off" (pressing the "power" button at the top and making the screen go black), you mean putting it to sleep, which if that is the case, then you are not actually powering off the unit, as a full reset would do.

Most reactions

Latest posts