What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cropping and sending a video to my laptop

charliecarew1980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I’m not sure if I’m in the right place but I’m trying to send a cropped video from my iPad to my laptop but when I transfer it it goes back to the way it was before it was cropped. Is there a way I can do this. Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How did you send the the file to the laptop. Editing in Photos is non-destructive, so even though you've cropped the image it's still all there and can be reverted to the original. When you save/send a file it will try to preserve the original file if it thinks it should, and only send the edited version if not.

Needless to say, it doesn't always guess right.

Sending things by email or through the web almost always sends the modified file. Saving it in a way that goes from photo/video editor to photo/video editor tends to keep the whole file. Going through different platforms is unpredictable.

All I can suggest is trying a few variations on how you share the file from Photos.

I was able to get a modified file out of Photos by saving to the file system on the iPad. When I re-imported it to Photos all I got was the edited video.

Or, you can use iMovie or a third party video editor to modify the video, then export it from there.

OP
C

charliecarew1980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just cropped it on my iPad then connected from my iPad to my laptop with the cable and transferred it that way but I might try with iMovi. Thanks for your advic.

Most reactions

Latest posts