What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cover tips

magicaxeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.alensonlife.com
I don't know about you but the design of the apple cover was fine until I started using the dock, then all of a sudden it wasn't such a good design after all as it will not fit properly when the ipad is docked.

This afternoon I got fed up enough to do something about it.

Firstly I would recommend getting one of the cheap third party magnetic covers from ebay, that was you aren't messing up something that is quite expensive.

Now to the meat .. put your ipad on your dock and fit the magnetic cover.
Mark on the cover with a pen the edges of the front of the dock, but make sure the cover is aligned properly on the ipad first.

Now get a sharp & strong pair of scissors, cut where you have marked for about 8mm straight up from the bottom edge.
Next angle the scissors inwards from each cut and cut across in a straight line. It's tough cutting but stick with it.

Now re fit the cover to the ipad and place it on the dock, it should all fit nicely, you can now keep your screen clean & protected when your ipad is on the dock.

Vlammetje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah. In my case, I just take off the cover when I put the iPad in the dock. I use the dock for charging, or for playing music from my iPad, or incidentally for recipes while I'm cooking. None of these require extensive use of the iPad, and as the dock is situated on my desk, nothing is very likely to hit or harm my iPad when it is docked.

The smart cover however, is something I specifically bought for my iPad 'on the road'. I also have a third party back cover to complement it. Try fitting that in your dock!

Anyway, my point is: in my house, dock and smart cover have different purposes and I prefer each intact. They do not, for me, need to be able to work together. Although I do agree with you that one thing Apple is expected to function fully with another thing Apple, in this case it doesn't. That sliightlybannoyed me, but I got over it, because for me they really do not have to work together for my personal iPad experience.

So thanks for the tip, but I won't be using it. (it's a matterof taste, I know, but I really do not like mutilated devices of any kind. Scissors and knives are not my tool of choice)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions