What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could Your iPad’s Touch Screen Make You Sick?

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

An intriguing article in today’s The Sacramento Bee says that the new generation of touch screen devices might actually be harbouring a rather nasty little secret in the form of all sorts of bugs that might have transferred themselves onto the screen, and could then infect their user, especially if the device, such as an iPad, is shared with other people during the upcoming colds and flu season.

“If you’re sharing the device, then you’re sharing your influenza with someone else who touches it,†said Timothy Julian, a doctoral student at Stanford University who has co-authored a study on the spread of viruses.

And it’s possible that iPad users are even more vulnerable than mobile phone users, as iPads are more likely to be passed around or used by lots of different people, especially as they’re now being used in classrooms, on campuses and in offices, where they might not belong to a specific person even.

If you keep your iPad at home and don’t let anyone else use it, then you’ve probably got nothing to worry about, but if you let people pass it round, it might be a good idea to invest in some touch-screen friendly anti-septic wipes.

Source: The Sacramento Bee

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im safe. i dont let others borrow my ipad. In this case, I guess being selfish is a good thing. :D

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No different than telephones and shopping cart handles. They must have really had to dig the bottom of the barrel for something to write about.

Janainipadforums

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
1st post here. New to apple products and liking the iPad.
This is funny. Yeah people can get sick just by living.
There is enough pollution and germs in the air than the iPad, so u stop breathing? Or going out?
We only hope people can write sensibly. Creating a panic when things don't exist seems to be a quick way to grab attention ! And for what no one knows..
Good to be here. Cheers

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pick your nose an eat your bugers for a few years. Adapt.

I'll stick to alcohol whipes

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody here ever done any gardening?Best way to build an immune system. Bugs like anthrax live natively in the soil...

Living a life away from bugs is the best way to fall prey to them. You have to continually maintain a healthy contact so your immune system can perform updates. Of course some people cannot afford the risk but to most of us it's a good way to really keep them controlled. I'm not suggesting we eat dirt but it's not really necessary to avoid it at all cost. Personally chemical products scare me more than bugs.

Dallasfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its all ready made me sick......I am sick of not sleeping because its always in my hands looking for more apps music and information....to put on it......do they make a pill for this.......DF

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You'd be even sicker with withdrawal symptoms. Better the bugs in you than the software..........

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'd be even sicker with withdrawal symptoms. Better the bugs in you than the software..........

you're right ! i'll be missing my ipad tomorrow when i join the medical mission.:p

Most reactions

Latest posts