What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy... to Where??

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I see a photo on Twitter or Facebook, etc., and want to add it to my Photo collection, I tap the rectangle with the upwards pointing arrow that's in the upper right corner of the screen and get a menu with 'copy' as one choice. So, I tap 'copy' but the photo does not go to my Photos, in fact I can't find it anywhere.

I am mystified by this, can anyone please explain what's going on and how to add these Twitter/ Facebook photos to my Photo collection?

Thanks

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's been copied to your clipboard, from which a few apps will let you paste it. What you need to do instead is press and hold on the image until a contextual menu appears, then choose Save Image.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
An additional tip. You need to tap on the picture to open it first, before you tap-hold for the Save Image/Photo option. This is true for both the website and the app. If you tap hold on the smaller image on the post when using Safari, all you get is copy, and this copies the link, not the picture. In the app, it doesn't do anything at all.

(Depending on the post type, this can vary a bit. Some posts can't be copied, because they take you to another site or Facebook page when tapped on. You may or may not be able to copy the image from that site.)

OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Many thanks for your replies! Interesting; I've been through the User Guide (and going over it again) and don't recall it mentioning a clipboard....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Clipboard is a generic term for the temporary storage used in Copy and Paste actions. Apple rarely uses the term in the iOS manual. They just talk about Copy and Paste, without mentioning where the data goes or comes from in between.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also; only one item can be stored in the clipboard at a time. For example, if you copy a second item before pasting the first one, the first item will be deleted and be replaced by the second item.

Most reactions

Latest posts