What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Convert videos to ipad?

Soam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey guys
I usually use videora to convert videos to my iphone/ipod, but when i use it for the ipad, the videos come out looking pretty bad because there is no option to convert to ipad resolution (which is higher than iphone/ipod obviously)

anyone found a program that converts videos to ipad resolution?

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Handbrake is free and does a great job using either the apple universal preset or the appletv preset.

Thelaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using Mediashow Espresso. It has an ipad preset option and uses ATI stream which uses the graphics card to speed up the conversion process. Not free but has a trial that lets you do 50 conversions.

daltonbaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadconverter-mac.com
I've been using Handbrake for this. Usually works great with no problems with the appleTV preset. But Takes a long time on my iMac though (avg 4 hours per 2 hour movie). So I also use a third party program called iPad Video Converter for Mac. it works pretty for me, There is a free trial version without time limit and can convert full video.

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just get the app"OPlayer HD" and transfer your videos over iTunes to the program without the need to convert them. It plays .avi, .dvix. etc... Works really well

Counter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me MelodyCan is the best software for different players. It can remove drm and convert files to different formats. You can try it_))

Fool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded handbrake tonight so how do I get a DVD to appear in it's menu??

sharahanse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
handbrake is a free and great soft for video converting ,but it is pretty hard to use for beginners.

RachelLara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have Windows 7 don't even try to use handbreak as "First things first. :mad:Handbrake:mad: on the Windows Platform does NOT decrypt Commercial DVDs. Let me repeat this. It does NOT decrypt commercial DVDs."

Jackleihua

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.dvd-to-ipad-mac.net
you can try some of other conversion software. like whondershare. as to me ,[FONT=&quot]I always use best converter for ipad,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]to resolve some of incompatibility issue,[/FONT] but it's too hard for me to master! I need a video conversion software that could easily convert DVD or other video into MP4 that ipad accepts.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts