What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

control robot with an ipad?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cool idea. You would probably have to create an app, but I would think Bluetooth would be easier.

Gabriel1964

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do this with both windows mobile, windows and android. I use both the robonova 1, the Bioloid humanoid robots and a custom tracked unit using a Serializer as the controller. All use a serial rfcomms connection over bluetooth to send command sequences to the Bluetooth modules on the robots. The issue I believe there is with the iPad is that the rfcomms interface over Bluetooth is not available unless you jail break the unit and install a 3rd party Bluetooth stack. I haven't gone down this route yet.

The only other approach I could think of would be to use a telnet to serial converter and address the bit over wifi but right now that is just a thought.

Gabriel ( known as Pev on the Robosavvy forums)

Most reactions