1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Contacts

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by pud, Jan 29, 2012.

1. pud

pud iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How do I sync my pc contacts to my iPad
  2. thecker

thecker iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Use icloud

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,912 / 1
    If you do not already sync with another online service, iCloud is a good choice.

Apple - iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices.

If you do sync contacts online, let us know what service and maybe there is an easy way to manage it. Both Gmail and Yahoo can sync contacts if set up correctly.

It is possible to sync contacts directly with the computer, but I consider this a last resort. It tends to have more problems than other methods, for various reasons. if you insist on doing it this way you will find the necessary settings in the Info tab in iTunes. Connect your iPad to the computer and selected in the Devices list in iTunes.
  4. 211ssw

211ssw iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, now I'm recalling- I can't use iTunes due to my XP 64 bit but I DO have Dropbox and another alternative. I can't recall the remainder and have obviously lost the link. This does not take instructions as far as other info that I read. I cannot read all of your responses although tonight's been a good try. Hopefully, this is close enough.
  5. 211ssw

211ssw iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Something told me that this started on the 9th or 10th so I've read it all from there and while some were related, oh, forget it as it's detail only.
    Yes, I have iCloud, Dropbox & if that is not sufficient, Evernote as well. Hopefully, with those setup, my PC XP 64bit Professional not having iTunes usage will cease being problematic. All options are less than a month since install so have at whatever will work for use in moving my large number of Contacts currently in Outlook 2007 in that PC which I'd like to use in iPad2, and hopefully, at least one will accomplish that task so pick what you think would be most helpful and please help so that I will have confidence that I'll soon get a night's sleep sometime soon. I am not going to proofread this saga.
    It's now 7:27AM-whatever happens to night since owning this iPad2? Bye, S