What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Computer games for women

WhydidIbuyit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!

I don't have a game to play. I'm really not interested in war games. Are there any mystery or town building games ..... or .... Something like the old Police Quest series? That's a computer game from the 80's I think. Something with a bit more of a mental challenge than just killing people.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WhydidIbuyit said:
Hi!

I don't have a game to play. I'm really not interested in war games. Are there any mystery or town building games ..... or .... Something like the old Police Quest series? That's a computer game from the 80's I think. Something with a bit more of a mental challenge than just killing people.

There's a lot of of hidden object games if that's what you mean, the best being Drawn, a painted tower.

Failing that you could go for sim city or build a lot 2.

There's some really good puzzle games too like world of goo, contre jour or the hypnotic osmos!

Last edited:

GnomeGrrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Call of Atlantis, Gardenscapes. SimCity, Robinson, even Sims Freeplay.

Search by genre. I'm sure you'll find something you like.

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Words with friends or scramble with friends are great, first one is scrabble and the second is boggle! Play against people you know or pick random opponents.

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A lot of the Big Fish Games Inc games are fun, hidden object type with story line etc, they seem to be my go-to game. I have a solitaire game called Heartwild that I love to play too, it's not your typical solitaire, this one has a little story line. Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I like bejeweled but every game developer out there seems to forget women exist. I'm not a gamer but it would be nice to have some mental selection that appeals to us.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey....I resemble that remark! Men don't just like war games or games for killing people! And AFAIK, there are females who go for the blood and gore too. There are plenty of games that have elements that aren't just slash and kill.

Fruit Ninga, Just the Rope, Racing games. Zen Pinball, Sims Free Play. Monopoly. Scabble.

Check out: Mystery Manor: Hidden Adventure

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was very careful how I worded my reply!
I love having a sneaky go at asphalt but have to fight my son over it lol

OP
WhydidIbuyit

WhydidIbuyit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, thanks so much for the responses. I was thinking more along the idea of a who-done-it or I guess a city building challenge (I'm not familiar with Sim City yet) rather than word or card games. I like the idea of lots of action ie car chases and shoot-em-ups ... But I wanted more challenge to figure out and follow a plot. I think most of you were probably too young when The computer game Police Quest came out. I really got a kick out of it.

I'm obviously totally ignorant about gaming. I just want something that looks fabulous on this new toy, and is interesting to play.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I remember the King's Quest series of games. Would love to see those ported over to the iPad.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about broken sword? Apparently the crows really good, if you have an iPad 2 try machinium that's pretty cool

Most reactions

Latest posts