What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Compatibility to range rover

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladym

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to connect my ipad2 through bluetooth to my 05 range rover. I've been trying and haven't had any luck. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What Bluetooth profiles does your Range Rover support? My car supports hands-free operation of mobile 'phones using Bluetooth but that is an entirely different profile than that used to stream music to the vehicle's stereo system. So, while I can use my Nokia mobile 'phone hands free in my car through the car stereo system I cannot stream music from my iPad to the car stereo because the two Bluetooth profiles are entirely different and my car doesn't support audio (music) streaming via Bluetooth.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Bluetooth profile issue can be frustrating. I can stream music and audio to my Bluetooth headset but not to my car audio, which only supports hands-free 'phone operation. It seems strange, in this day-and-age, not to support audio streaming on a car audio.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
The Bluetooth profile issue can be frustrating. I can stream music and audio to my Bluetooth headset but not to my car audio, which only supports hands-free 'phone operation. It seems strange, in this day-and-age, not to support audio streaming on a car audio.

Tim

From the day it came out the bluetooth standard has recieved little love from the tech industry. Other than handfree phone stuff it's been a poorly supported gee wiz item that device makers use to one up the competition. All buzz and no byte.

jomz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have same issue before, then I saw a friend of mine using a device called bovee1000 from viseeousa. It's a plug and play, very easy to use and it can stream music via bluetooth flawlessly. You might want to check it out and try it. I have no problem using it.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is from 2011, the OP hasn’t returned since 2012. Assuming the problem doesn’t exist any more, this thread is closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts