What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold causing finger resistance on iPad screen

AlexV.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like to share an issue concerning the iPad that i've been experiencing this winter in the hopes others have too; semi-cold fingers, iPad &/ or room make for a very stubborn drawing experience (I'm an artist that uses the iPad).

I'm talking indoors, and it doesn't have to be that cold to trigger the problem: even slightly below normal room temperature.

There's a real resistance that happens. My fingers don't seamlessly glide around. Slows me down like heck.

I can't figure out how to fix it (I can rub my fingers quickly on my pants to create friction for a very quick temporary fix). Could this be a humidity or a room pressure thing as well?

It's not about too little oil on one's fingers or if the glass is clean. I can't find anything online, although I've talked to some folks who say they sometimes have this problem with their smartphones.

Anyone know anything about this and more importantly, how to circumvent it in a reasonable way?

Thanks...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using a stylus might be a fix - there are several discussions in the iPad Forum on the 'pros and cons' of the various models on the market.

Tim
Scotland

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about iPhone gloves. If you're a more cheaper person then try stitching conductive thread to your existing gloves.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've noticed this once or twice. It usually when the iPad is cooler than room temperature. Since it feels about the same as when my hands are damp after washing them I figure it's a very slight condensate on the screen. Cleaning the screen seems to help for a short time, but the only real fix is waiting for the iPad to reach room temp.

I suppose you could put it in a warmer place for a while, like a few feet away from the heater. Just be careful not to put it anywhere where it could get hot.

Most reactions

Latest posts