What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change % left?

suenc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I get a notification when my battery has 10% left. Is there any way I can change that to 20% left, an earlier warning?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I get a notification when my battery has 10% left. Is there any way I can change that to 20% left, an earlier warning?
Please tell us which device is in question (iOS & iPadOS are different) and what iOS or iPadOS version is installed? :)

OP
suenc

suenc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have iPad mini 5, version iPadOS 16.6

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Using the Shortcuts app, under Automation you can trigger shortcut actions based on battery level (among other things). That would include getting a notification. I fiddled around and made one, but have no idea how well it will work, or exactly how. I guess I'll find out the next time my battery falls below 20%.

Image.png

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Using the Shortcuts app, under Automation you can trigger shortcut actions based on battery level (among other things). That would include getting a notification. I fiddled around and made one, but have no idea how well it will work, or exactly how. I guess I'll find out the next time my battery falls below 20%.

View attachment 100463
Thanks TP - my wife is the OP (and she didn't ask me first! :eek: ;) ) - but I was looking earlier today and the only 'good' suggestion was using the 'Shortcut App' (HERE) - I've never used this app although it's something I would have explored in my earlier computer years - if she is willing, I'll go through the steps of the link - Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. I'd all but forgotten the automation feature myself, so a good reminder. I looked over the steps in the article you linked, and that's pretty much what I did, except I chose a notification instead of the speak action.

If you get it to work and she likes it, let us know.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just got a sound and a notification at the top of my screen telling me my battery is below %20. I guess it worked. Now to decide if i need to plug my iPad in, or if it will last until time to go home.

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Automations are extremely useful, I’ve set up a few on my devices. There is one you can set when you’re charging which I’ve set so that it warns me when the charge level reaches 100% so that I don’t overcharge.
I’ve also got automations that tell me when the charger is switched on and another when it switches off In case it gets accidentally disconnected.
You can also add a spoken phrase to the automation that will tell you what’s happening, such as “Your iPad is 100% charged”, or “Your charger is connected/disconnected”.

IMG_1478.jpeg
IMG_1479.jpeg

IMG_1480.jpeg

Most reactions