What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you close your apps?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you know you have left an app open? How do you close one? I have been reading leaving apps open drains the battery. My battery last 10 hours at least and as far as I know I never close my apps.

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never actually close them either, but I read that it will slow your device, so since the upgrade I've tried to check on the multi-task bar and close occasionally.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I usually don't worry about it until the evening. I close all my apps out and run an app called SystemInfo to "clean up" the iPad. Then, I shut it down and plug it in. It turns back on after plugging it in, but I don't worry about it. This way, I start the day "fresh" with a fully charged iPad.

Marilyn

jackwade512

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.wadedev.com
Close apps

Double click on the button. Press any of the apps and then click on the X in the upper left hand corner to close the apps. I TRY to do this daily but not that diligent.

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't pay any attention to what is open throughout the day, but I do go in and close everything at the end of the day when I go to bed.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Double click on the button. Press any of the apps and then click on the X in the upper left hand corner to close the apps. I TRY to do this daily but not that diligent.

I don't get this. Shitums. I must be out of the loop. There is no x in the upper left had corner.:confused:

Unless you hold it until it wiggled, but that would delete the app.

I'm lost.:(

jackwade512

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.wadedev.com
When you double-click on the button, the screen shifts up a little bit exposing the apps that are running. Press on one of them and press the X, exactly the same as deleting an app from a screen, and it will close the app.

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
When you double-click on the button, the screen shifts up a little bit exposing the apps that are running. Press on one of them and press the X, exactly the same as deleting an app from a screen, and it will close the app.

To be concise, hold down the apps in the bottom bar until they start shaking. The icon is actually a "-" not an "x" that comes up in the upper left. Click the "-" to delete the apps you want to close.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay. Bear with me. I feel like idiot!

I did this:

Double tapped home button. The the new tool bar opens with apps there. When I hold one of them, they all have little red minus sings, not x's.

And they do wiggle.

Am I getting this a little? There are a lot of apps there in that row when I swipe. They are all open?

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just have too interject here the apps in the bar are not "running" and don't use your processor power. The only apps using power are apps that you can tell are doing something such as VoIP(skype) or radio(pandora). Apple has gone to great pains to make sure your device isn't bogged down by "multitasking" unlike android where you do have too go in and close apps. Also notice even a full shutdown and restart puts the most recently used apps back in the bar... For your convenience not because they are all running.

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay. Bear with me. I feel like idiot!

I did this:

Double tapped home button. The the new tool bar opens with apps there. When I hold one of them, they all have little red minus sings, not x's.

And they do wiggle.

Am I getting this a little? There are a lot of apps there in that row when I swipe. They are all open?
They're all open, and it DOESSlow everything down a bit.

Most reactions

Latest posts