What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change ".com" to ".dk"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleed_blue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to change the .com button in the keyboard to something else e.g. .dk?

It would be nice because i visit more .dk (danish) sites than .com. My iPad 2 is already set to danish in the settings under international. Is it at all possible?

Last edited:

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
If you press and hold the .com button it should give you alternatives to select from, I get .uk and .co.uk and a few others, I assume it's related to your international settings, so hopefully you will also get them tailored to you.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What it shows you is based on Settings - General - International - Region Format

-t

lukepast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you press and hold the .com button it should give you alternatives to select from, I get .uk and .co.uk and a few others, I assume it's related to your international settings, so hopefully you will also get them tailored to you.

You should copy this tip to the Hints & Tips thread - I'd have never thought you could change this - it'll come in useful :D

Thanks DefBref

OP
bleed_blue

bleed_blue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The button is still .com, but I do get some options by pressing it down - including .dk. It's better than nothing I suppose though I'd still like to have the .dk-button in itself.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The button is still .com, but I do get some options by pressing it down - including .dk. It's better than nothing I suppose though I'd still like to have the .dk-button in itself.

You've gotta love 'em yanks, eh? :D

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
.com is still the dominant domain tld, so it still makes sense to leave it as the default if you are not going to allow configured defaults.

-t

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Possible to change to something like .com.sg? Tried the holding down but not in the list

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Possible to change to something like .com.sg? Tried the holding down but not in the list

Kerman--since this thread is 2 years old, chances are the members participating in this Forum have moved on and will not return to this thread.

We will now close this thread at this time.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts