What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center bar off to left side of screen

Krez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BF067737-CCCA-4508-9531-50A9CFFA1633.jpeg
when I access settings, the right side of screen is wider than left, this is affecting other things such as live videos in landscape mode. How do I recenter?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Your Settings screen looks the same as mine (in portrait mode), perfectly normal.

I don't understand your problem with "live videos," whatever that means. Is that an app? Can you post a screen shot of that, as well?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Settings app was designed this way, and it’s not possible to “recenter” it or adjust it’s appearance. This also doesn’t affect anything else.

What exactly is your problem with live videos?

OP
K

Krez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
82AC9BAF-122F-48BA-8C55-1C51A266F95B.png
Your Settings screen looks the same as mine (in portrait mode), perfectly normal.

I don't understand your problem with "live videos," whatever that means. Is that an app? Can you post a screen shot of that, as well?

OP
K

Krez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The right side of screen with comments is wider than left side with the video.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In that case, you’ll have to take a look at the settings in the Facebook app itself. This can’t be changed in the built in Settings app.
It’s also possible - since the video is in portrait mode - that the comments get more space.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It appears to me that the video is in portrait mode at 16x9 aspect ratio, and fits perfectly. If it were wider, either the top and/or bottom would be cut off, or the image would be stretched horizontally. Ask the other person to use landscape mode and see what happens.

This is one problem with people using a phone or tablet camera in portrait mode. I wish they would just stop--the results are always bad.

Most reactions

Latest posts