What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't sync movies from itunes to ipad

usdivers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need some serious help, but can't find anything on this subject anywhere.

I just bought a brand new Ipad yesterday, I have itunes on my PC.

I bought some movies on the itunes store and downloaded them.

They appear on my itunes menu under Movies, but when I sync with Ipad, it does not copy them over???

I can't figure out for the life of me why this won't copy.

Can anyone help please????

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum!

OK - the iPad has a real clever trick ‘up its sleeves’. Now you’d expect those movies from your iTunes PC app to end up - well - in your iPad’s .. um .. iTunes app, sounds sensible to me (but, hey, what do I know!). Now that would be far too simple! The iPad tries to confuse and confound by placing movies in the iPad’s native ‘Video’ app and music in the ‘iPod’ app.

Hope this works but, in any case....Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free from

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf

Also the iPad2 manual is available for pre-order at the Apple iBooks store - available March 11th. It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By the way, as you probably know (sorry!) you can download movies direct to your iPad from the iPad’s iTunes app - you don’t need to download to your PC first of all and then sync (though it makes sense to back them up...just in case!).

If my first post suggestion doesn’t work, get back - there are several other possibilities.

Good luck

Tim
Scotland

llhgrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Welcome to the Forum!

OK - the iPad has a real clever trick ‘up its sleeves’. Now you’d expect those movies from your iTunes PC app to end up - well - in your iPad’s .. um .. iTunes app, sounds sensible to me (but, hey, what do I know!). Now that would be far too simple! The iPad tries to confuse and confound by placing movies in the iPad’s native ‘Video’ app and music in the ‘iPod’ app.

Hope this works but, in any case....Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you donÂ’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free from

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf

Also the iPad2 manual is available for pre-order at the Apple iBooks store - available March 11th. ItÂ’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Hello,

I am also a new user. I looked for a video app on my iPad2 but I cannot find one. Can you recommend an app that I can download from the app store?

Reaction score
llhgrey said:
Hello,

I am also a new user. I looked for a video app on my iPad2 but I cannot find one. Can you recommend an app that I can download from the app store?

The app in question is called "Videos" and should be on the first page. It is impossible for your iPad 2 to not have that app. Perhaps you moved it into a folder somewhere tucked away on a distant page?

If you cannot find the icon, you can always search for it, just scroll left repeatedly.

llhgrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't Find Video App!

I have looked on all of my iPad2 pages and it is not anywhere. Does anyone know how to reload my video app? Do I have to restore my iPad and resync everything?

llhgrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Video App Icon Lost

I found the app by performing the search as recommended, but how can i get the icon to appear?

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
llhgrey said:
I found the app by performing the search as recommended, but how can i get the icon to appear?

This is how the icon looks like in case you didn't get it. Can you see the videos app icon in iTunes?

Attachments

• image-1489184017.png
    image-1489184017.png
    485.6 KB · Views: 1,158

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score

They appear on my itunes menu under Movies, but when I sync with Ipad, it does not copy them over???

maybe you didnt check the option under movies tab, to download all movies automatically.

llhgrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
j0yful said:
maybe you didnt check the option under movies tab, to download all movies automatically.

My movies downloaded fine, and the icon is nowhere to be found. The only way I can access my movies is to search for videos.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks to all for your help!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
j0yful said:

My movies downloaded fine, and the icon is nowhere to be found. The only way I can access my movies is to search for videos.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks to all for your help!

When you say that the only way you can access your movies is to search for videos, could you be specific here? How do you perform the search? Are you able to play the videos/movies? What apps can you see on your iPad?

As one of the previous posters commented, all iPads have (or should have!) the 'Videos' app.

Tim
Scotland

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
usdivers said:

Can you actually say what happened after trying those ways of fixing your problem?

llhgrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
When you say that the only way you can access your movies is to search for videos, could you be specific here? How do you perform the search? Are you able to play the videos/movies? What apps can you see on your iPad?

As one of the previous posters commented, all iPads have (or should have!) the 'Videos' app.

Tim
Scotland

The videos icon does not appear anywhere on my iPad. When I perform a search for videos, it shows the icon in the list of apps it brings up after I enter the search. If I click on it in the search list, it takes me to a page that shows me all of my movies.

Most reactions

Latest posts