What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot Get Mail - connection to server failed

tonycscaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Mail from our exchange server to the IPAD2's is working fine.
When one of our users changed his AD password on his PC then
he got an error on the IPAD about cannot get mail - connection to server failed.

If we then change the password on his exchange setup screen on the IPAD then the E-Mail works again

Is it normal that you have to do that on the iPAD2 after changing your PC password or have we set something up wrong

Thanks

Tony

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Mail from our exchange server to the IPAD2's is working fine.
When one of our users changed his AD password on his PC then
he got an error on the IPAD about cannot get mail - connection to server failed.

If we then change the password on his exchange setup screen on the IPAD then the E-Mail works again

Is it normal that you have to do that on the iPAD2 after changing your PC password or have we set something up wrong

Thanks

Tony

I hope that I understand your question correctly but, yes, the password set to access your email server has to be the same on your iPad and PC.

Tim

OP
T

tonycscaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim

Apologies if i didn't explain it well

When the user changes their password in active directory on the PC should it automatically sync/change the password for exchange on the IPAD or does he have to manually change it on the ipad each time he changes it on the PC to keep both the same

Thanks for your help

Rgds

Tony

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I am aware passwords don't sync and must be manually changed. This is a security protection issue.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts