1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

can you ipad owners explain to me how apps work

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by tazz3, Jan 26, 2012.

1. tazz3

tazz3 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    hello all ,,,iam new to this apple ipad stuff what is the deal with these apps. what do we need apps for,
    can we just surf the web and post at forums with out apps?? so explain to me what apps do
  2. Vaden15

Vaden15 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    the Apps for iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch can be used for a lot of things, depending on what you need. Apps are similar to "installed programs" for Windows users. There are Apps for writing notes, writing documents, spreadsheets... etc. and there are Apps for games, reading ebooks, playing music etc.

When you got your PC it did not have Microsoft Windows, or Quicktime Media Player or Anti-Virus or StarCraft 2 right? You have to install them first. Apps are are like that. Cooler than Windows though, Apps are downloaded straight from online and installs directly into your iPad with no puzzling installation procedures. Check out App Store for free and paid Apps.

And yes, you can still access IPF just by using your Safari Browser. Safari Browser is similar to your pre installed Internet Explorer on your PC.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. tazz3

tazz3 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    thanks vaden for explaining this to me
  4. Vaden15

Vaden15 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings: