What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can we expect iPad3 in Jan 2012?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
More likely March as Apple is usually conservative in it's release cycles.
That said it's Steve's birthday in Feb and they just might want to commemorate it.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a reliable source saying the iPad 3 will be out in February. It should be noted the iPad originally came out in April, the iPad 2 in March. With the competition heating up, they can make a statement by bringing out a great upgrade sooner.

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a reliable source saying the iPad 3 will be out in February. It should be noted the iPad originally came out in April, the iPad 2 in March. With the competition heating up, they can make a statement by bringing out a great upgrade sooner.

What does this reliable source talk about the specifications of the iPad-3. Especially the screen size ? Are they gonna keep the same screen size 9.7 inch ? or are they likely to reduce the screen size and make it smaller?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen size will not be changing, but Apple does have a conflict with their desire to make it thinner and the needs of a high res screen. Most likely, it will be very slightly thicker than the iPad 2, but much thinner than iPad original. Weight should be similar, but nobody is sure. I think there is no doubt that Siri will be available, but that will mean a big improvement on the microphone. There should also be a much improved rear camera.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would think by end of 1 Q...

Sent from my Tricked Out Sparkly Pink Verizon Black iPhone using iPF

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Screen size will not be changing, but Apple does have a conflict with their desire to make it thinner and the needs of a high res screen. Most likely, it will be very slightly thicker than the iPad 2, but much thinner than iPad original. Weight should be similar, but nobody is sure. I think there is no doubt that Siri will be available, but that will mean a big improvement on the microphone. There should also be a much improved rear camera.

And what about the screen quality and Screen Resolution ? I was just reading that Sharp has come up with some new tehcnology called the IGZO technology which Apple is most likely going to use in iPad-3, where in they dont use LED IPS Displays atall. But this IGZO thing can have a higher PPI for a higher resolution. In My opinion if they are gonna completely get away with the LED LIGHT Backlit Display it would be a utter foolishness. If they can have the IGZO technology along with the current LED Light Display that would be just perfect. I do think that No, mostly they will not completely getway with the LED lit Display beacuse otherwise how will you illuminate the screen, it would look a very dull, not bright, screen which I dont think sounds practical so...Maybe instead of the Dual LED Lamps that they wanted to have in the iPad-3 instead of that they may still want to keep atleast a LED lit display !

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i doubt, without Jobs.

You doubt what ?? Apple has not shutdown without Jobs !! There will be, there should be a new iPad. The iPad-3 !! The only question is when ? and with what features !!

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it's very safe to assume that Apple will not announce or release the iPad 3 within the thirty day return window after December 25. Apple can be criticized for many things. Being stupid about making money is not one of those things.

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think it's very safe to assume that Apple will not announce or release the iPad 3 within the thirty day return window after December 25. Apple can be criticized for many things. Being stupid about making money is not one of those things.
Yeah ! But what about March-2012 / April-2012 ?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it were not for rumors, there would be little thrill on many forums. Samsung shows advertising for a future product that has a flexible screen that you can see through and use as a tablet. Extremely interesting, but too many questions and I doubt if it will be ready for a long time. And while I like the concept of a see-through screen, do people want their usage viewable to the world.

Most reactions

Latest posts