What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caller I’d off?

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I’m trying to block my number when making a call on my iPhone 12. I looked this up but I don’t see caller id
( Go to: Settings -> Phone -> Caller ID -> Off )

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not all carriers support blocking Caller ID in the iPhone's settings. One article I read said that Verizon, US Cellular, and Straight Talk are among those.

There are two other options. If you only need to block your outgoing Caller ID for a few specific calls, you might be able to use a star code before dialing the number. The article I read said *67. From the context of the article, I think this is for the above mentioned carriers. That might change depending on your carrier. Your support site should have a list (somewhere) of what * codes are available. They can be used on any phone, not just your iPhone.

If you want to block your Caller ID on all phone calls, your carrier should have that options. You'll need to go to their support site to find out how to do this.

Note: I checked on Verizon's support site and found that *67 does block your outgoing Caller ID for that call. To change it to block the ID for all calls you need to go to your account/plan and change it there. *82 disables the ID blocking for a call, should that prove necessary. Other providers that don't support the feature in iOS Settings should have similar features.

How to block your number & block Caller ID FAQs | Verizon

Most reactions

Latest posts