What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar

1937bruce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app that allows a backward search on the calendar? I need to make a list of doctors, etc. for my taxes, which I was able to do when I had the Google calendar.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Calendar app searches back as far as it has data. If you are syncing with iCloud, make sure you've to it set to Sync All Events under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. The list shows up in a scrollable window under the search bar. There is no way to save it off as a text list or anything. You will either have to write it down manually, or take a series of screen shots.

There is no search feature (that I can find) at the icloud.com site.

If you have an iMac and use the iCal program (synced with iCloud) it is possible to generate and copy a list that way.

OP

1937bruce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
The Calendar app searches back as far as it has data. If you are syncing with iCloud, make sure you've to it set to Sync All Events under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. The list shows up in a scrollable window under the search bar. There is no way to save it off as a text list or anything. You will either have to write it down manually, or take a series of screen shots.

There is no search feature (that I can find) at the icloud.com site.

If you have an iMac and use the iCal program (synced with iCloud) it is possible to generate and copy a list that way.

I have everything set as you describe, but my searches only work for the current year, and then not always backward, but always forward. How do you make it go back to the previous year? I don't need to have it printed, just listed.

As an example for not always back the current year: If I search for (name) it goes just current month. If I search for (name-Delta), it'll go to Jan 2nd and forward. If I search just (Delta) it also will go to Jan 2nd and forward.

So not only will it not go to the previous year, but it's not consistent on how it'll go back to Jan and forward.

Any suggestions as to what I may be doing incorrectly?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know. I don't' have many repeating events older than a year, so I didn't notice the limit. Though now that you mention it I do seem to remember an older thread on the subject. There is no way around it that I know of.

I can suggest this possible (though not perfect) workaround. Assuming all your doctors appointments are on the same calendar, tap on the calendar button and hide all but the calendar you are interested in. No go to List view. As far as I can tell this will scroll back forever. The earliest even show on my calendar this way is June 2009.

Unless you've got a calendar dedicated to just your doctor's appointment there will be more info than you want, but at least it is a list you can scroll back past a year.

The silver lining is that you can tap on the event and get the details (to the right) without leaving the list.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts