What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar - 'repeat' event seems lame.

EDB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.violinmakersdb.com
I can repeat an event weekly, monthly, or yearly...
But many events repeat on the 3rd Saturday of each month, or the 2nd Tuesday of each month. How do I do that? :confused:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Buy informant it does everything except putting butter on the bread
I have it on both my iPhone and iPad syncs with gcal and iCal allows any combination of repeats great new iPad interface

Col

danbee46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy informant it does everything except putting butter on the bread
I have it on both my iPhone and iPad syncs with gcal and iCal allows any combination of repeats great new iPad interface

Col

Sounds like Informant can't sync directly with iCal. Is that right?

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But many events repeat on the 3rd Saturday of each month, or the 2nd Tuesday of each month. How do I do that? :confused:

It does do that - my team meeting is the 2nd Friday of every month and it's on my iPad's calendar - but you need MobileMe. The included version of Calendar doesn't support custom repeats.

Last edited:
OP
EDB

EDB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.violinmakersdb.com

It does do that - my team meeting is the 2nd Friday of every month and it's on my iPad's calendar - but you need MobileMe. The included version of Calendar doesn't support custom repeats.

Thank you both for your suggestions. I am NOT shooting the messenger, but I don't need a full-blown planner, or a separate app like MobileMe ...
I just want to schedule meetings like every other simple Simon calendar program I've ever seen before I got on iPad. To allow an event the 2nd Tuesday of every month, etc. Is just a total no-brainer forna calendar app!

Hello Apple...are listening? How come you can do the complex things, but leave out the simple stuff?

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you both for your suggestions. I am NOT shooting the messenger, but I don't need a full-blown planner, or a separate app like MobileMe ...
I just want to schedule meetings like every other simple Simon calendar program I've ever seen before I got on iPad. To allow an event the 2nd Tuesday of every month, etc. Is just a total no-brainer forna calendar app!

Hello Apple...are listening? How come you can do the complex things, but leave out the simple stuff?

I agree with you, but remember that MobileMe is Apple's service for coordinating data between iPads, iPhones and Mac computers. Leaving some functionality out is their way of steering people to more of their products so that Steve can get yet another ivory backscratcher...

OP
EDB

EDB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.violinmakersdb.com
Calendar alternative

I found Informant to more than I wanted, and a tad pricey.
I just downloaded 2Do and find it does what I want. It is more of a 'todo' tool, but the calendar it produces is good, and has the functions I want.
From the comments, they seem to be responsive and well-liked as well.
(...and cheaper than Informant...)

iPad Monster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2Do recommendation

I had the same problem with the iPad calendar and found the 2Do app to be a great product. Thanks for the good tip!

iPad Monster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2Do was a mistake

Subsequent to my previous post, I found that 2Do will not sync calendar entires with Outlook. It only syncs notes/tasks. This is of no use to me and makes this a very limited product. I wanted everyone to know so that you won't waste the time and money that I did. This limitation should have been made clear in the product description.:mad:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use spanning sync on my MacBook which sync my calendar every 30 mins (can be shorter) with google cal informant then syncs to my iPhone 3G and my iPad. What ever changes I make on any device is update across all calendars I do not use mobile me as I cannot at this time justify the cost. In making a decision to pay more for informant In my opinion is it just works every time without issues further more it exceeds what I expected from the program. We have RDO roster days off that vary over a 21 day period i can actually look 8 months (or what ever) ahead and see if i am off during a special weekend or what ever assuming they will not change the roster. I use the every 21 day function to repeat as my RDO's follow that cycle. I also have staggered hours for example start 1pm finish at 8pm once every 3 weeks. The alarms come up on all devices plus i receive an email from google as well. I can if needed acess google cal from any where if I for what ever reason do not have my iPhone, MacBook or iPad with me. It is all about productivity. I have to compliment the developers for their excellent support. Each upgrade provides even better features. Hope this helps new users whom are looking for this type of app.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

I agree with you, but remember that MobileMe is Apple's service for coordinating data between iPads, iPhones and Mac computers. Leaving some functionality out is their way of steering people to more of their products so that Steve can get yet another ivory backscratcher...

I have to say that every persons requirements differ and in business in most cases one buys a third party application as it will do more than the basic applications supplied with any device. This is important in scheduling meetings etc for example groups. In other words regardless what ever Apple or Microsoft offers on their platforms most serious users will seek alternatives. The people that benefit are individual developers that provide apps that customers want.

kend0g187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best simple solution is Calendar Event Pro. It's a simple $0.99 app that adds all the custom repeat and alert functionality to the native iPad Calendar app. You don't have to have a separate calendar.

//itunes.apple.com/us/app/calendar-event-pro-2/id443037531?mt=8

Most reactions

Latest posts