What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Button to clear spreadhseet data

SpeedyRocketeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a very basic worksheet written in apple's program "Numbers" on my iPad. It has one column and 16 rows. In the next worksheet I have written a form to input duration (hour and min) Once I input all 16 values; the 17th row gives me sum of all durations.
Now I want to have a button somewhere. After clicking this button it should clear all input values (row 1 to 16) so that for next iteration of data entry I have all empty cells. I don't know how I can put button to clear all sixteen values. Please help.

Also is there a way to make first worksheet read only so that data entry is strictly through the form (which is the next worksheet)
and user is not allowed to modify data directly in the first worksheet.
Thanks,
Sp

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No way to lock a table or sheet.

The clear button thing would require some kind of macro, which Numbers does not have. The best you can do is select the cells and choose Cut.

If the table has no column headers or footers, you can tap the bar above the column to select the entire column, then tap it again to get the popup menu and choose Cut. If you do have headers or footers, again tap the bar above the column to select it, then double tap the bar in the same place. The selection will shrink to the cells between the header and footer. Now tap the selected cells once for the popup menu and choose Cut.

Most reactions

Latest posts