What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brand new computer... Connecting my iPad?

KittyInTheFedora

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, I got a new computer, and I'm wondering if there is a way to connect my iPad to it without deleting everything on my iPad to do it.

I once connected an iPod to a new computer, and it made me delete everything before I could then sync it. I'm wondering if I have to worry about that, and if so, how do I keep everything on my iPad safe?

Thanks sooo much :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to authorize the new computer in iTunes.

Once your AppleID is associated with the new computer, it should allow you to sync without deleting anything.

In iTunes, go to Store/Authorize This Computer...

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
KittyInTheFedora

KittyInTheFedora

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I did all that, and when I plugged my iPad in, it gave me two options:
1) Erase and Sync (this is a new computer, and ALL my music is on my iPad...)
2) Transfer Purchases
Now, what I'm wondering is, if I click transfer purchases, if it will only keep the few song I bought through iTunes...

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just did this because my computer died. I did erase and sync and it all worked out OK. Make sure first you save your Itunes Library and install it on your new computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts