What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought a new iPad 2017 disappointed

Pale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys to make a long story short I bought a brand new iPad a couple days ago.iPad 2017 new in the box non-refurbished factory sealed brought it home charge it up then began to set up my new account on the iPad once the iPad was fully charged I set the account up i went into the calendar to set up some dates and times for teeth cleanings and things like that doctors appointment and I noticed there was another gentleman‘s name in there with stuff for the next 6 to 7 months scheduled for him in Las Vegas Nevada so I called up Best Buy and I also called Apple and they were confused. I gave the Apple customer service rep the serial number on my iPad and he told me that I was the only one that ever turn that iPad on he told me that the iPad has never been activated before and he has no idea how that could’ve happened.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is you calendar syncing with any online accounts: iCloud, Google, Yahoo, etc.?

If so, it may be the online account that is at fault rather than data retained by the iPad. If you went through the setup the iPad asks you for all the usual info and passwords, then this is almost guaranteed. The iPad would have no calandar or user data prior to the setup and syncing with an account.

You can double check by going to your account online and checking there.

If for some reason you did your setup and sync using a computer, the place to check would be that computer’s calendar app. It is unusual (and not recomended) to sync directly with a computer’s data these days, but it can be done.

OP
P

Pale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I’ve been using that Google account for years on my Samsung edge phone and I’ve never seen that person’s name in my entire life on anything that I’ve ever owned my calendar on my phone does not have any of that information for him only that iPad

OP
P

Pale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK you don’t see it on the mobile app for the Gmail but if you go to the desktop for Gmail it does have that strangers name in my calendar on a totally different device

OP
P

Pale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK now the question is how did the stranger from Las Vegas get up all of his information onto my calendar

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If it is showing up in one place but not the other then the stranger’s events are probably not in your primary calendar. This could be a second calendar that you set up yourself, or a shared calendar. A shared calendar could be one that you ceated, and shared with others (including event editing rights), or one that you subscribed to in Google Calendars.

Secondary calendars are shown, or not shown depending on the preferences/settings in each app. The Calendar app turns them all on by default. Most of the Google apps only show the primary calendar by default (in my experience).

There are a lot of calendars to subscribe to. Calendars like sports events, special holidays, band schedules, etc., are common. If you subscibed to one of theses, and the owner later repurposed it, that would explain things.

You can see what calendars you are subscribed to by tapping Calendar at the bottom of the main calendar screen. You can turn the view on/off or change the colors here. However, if you plan on deleting or managing your Google Calendars (other then turing the view on/off) I suggest you do it on the desktop site.

At any rate, if it really is a calendar that you never subscribed to, nor shared, then the people to talk to would be Google Support; though I doubt they will do more than tell you to delete the unwanted calendar/subscription.

FC5D41EE-7C00-4325-99B4-A3A93AF51DC0.png

OP
P

Pale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx for the reply and all your help on my issue twerppoet.I’ll check out all the info you suggested.

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Could it be an Apple ID entered incorrectly by you or the other guy?

Most reactions

Latest posts