What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bookmarks

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a iPad air and iphone 5s and have a huge problem with bookmarks in Safari. Every few days my favorites and a few other though not all directories multiply. Example in favorites I end up with iPad forum sometimes 4 or more times in both devices. I have deleted them off both devices so many times my fingers are tired. How can I stop this?

OP
D

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't be the only one with this problem.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you syncing with a computer as well? What kind, what browser, and what method/software/settings are you using?

Try going to your iCloud settings on all devices and any computers. Turn the Bookmark syncing off. Wait a bit and turn them back on.

That's all I can think of.

And while you are probably not the only person who has encountered the problem I haven't seen anyone else on this forum mention it; not that I manage to read every post.

Good luck.

Dakotapix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just went through this same problem and can verify that syncing Safari with another computer was the problem. I just turned over a MacBook Pro to my son and he was deleting all my old bookmarks. Problem was solved after turning off the Sync for Safari via iCloud on the iPad Air. I should point out that I was losing bookmarks rather than having them multiply as is the case with the OP but turning off syncing should solve this problem.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts