1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Bookmarks

Discussion in 'iPad Air Forum' started by DavidM, Feb 7, 2014.

1. DavidM

DavidM iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have a iPad air and iphone 5s and have a huge problem with bookmarks in Safari. Every few days my favorites and a few other though not all directories multiply. Example in favorites I end up with iPad forum sometimes 4 or more times in both devices. I have deleted them off both devices so many times my fingers are tired. How can I stop this?
  2. DavidM

DavidM iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I can't be the only one with this problem.
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,915 / 1
    Are you syncing with a computer as well? What kind, what browser, and what method/software/settings are you using?

Try going to your iCloud settings on all devices and any computers. Turn the Bookmark syncing off. Wait a bit and turn them back on.

That's all I can think of.

And while you are probably not the only person who has encountered the problem I haven't seen anyone else on this forum mention it; not that I manage to read every post.

Good luck.
  4. Dakotapix

Dakotapix iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I just went through this same problem and can verify that syncing Safari with another computer was the problem. I just turned over a MacBook Pro to my son and he was deleting all my old bookmarks. Problem was solved after turning off the Sync for Safari via iCloud on the iPad Air. I should point out that I was losing bookmarks rather than having them multiply as is the case with the OP but turning off syncing should solve this problem.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014