What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Book from ebook.com to iBooks ??

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just signed up and purchased a book from ebook.com - then discoverd that I had to install their reader. I did that, but I want to find the book file and, somehow, convert it so that it can be placed in my iBooks app. I've done some searching on this but can't really seem to make much sense of what I've found.

Can someone please lead me through the steps and/or recommend what ever else I may have to obtain to accomplish this. Thanks so much.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What format was the book you got ??

PDF ? ePub ? Etc

Sent from my iPod touch using iPF

Last edited:
OP
Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no Idea. It was a book purchased from ebooks.com and when downloaded had to be downloaded into their propriatary reader. So I can't see the file to know. I have downloaded books from Project Gutenberg, which provided the ePub format, and was transfered right into the iBook reader, so I'm that far into knowing some of this.

I did just download Calibre on my PC laptop, and I suppose that's going to be part of the equasion, but I'm at a loss just for now about how to proceed with that. I'm too new to all this electronic publications thing. All I know is that I want to be able to read the books I get in my iPad's reader.

Thanks for the start of help on this.

Last edited:
OP
Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, after some further investigations into this, it looks like the book site "ebooks.com" will only allow for the consuming of books bought from them by the use of their own PROPRIATARY book readers. I tried accessing the book file using my laptop, and was only allowed to fetch the book file using another program (needing to also be installed and registered for) called Adobe Digital Editions. I did download it, but was required to setup an account with Adobe before being able to use that. Nothankyou, and I stopped there. I did send ebooks.com a trouble-ticket message asking them to either allow me to fetch the book my way, or please issue me a refund.

Pffffff

I'll see if I can find the same book on some other site that allows the downloading in ePub format.

grr

Irislovely03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is great. Thanks a lot for doing this.

I had the same Probleme sad
Thanks for this Topic here, it rocks now smile

OP
Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eBooks.com did send me a reply message this morning. They acknowledged that their books HAVE to be "consumed" by the use of their own readers. They also agreed to issue me a refund. I have since uninstalled their reader and the book. Also, I have found the same book in other places, including Amazon, which asks .99 for the Kindle version, and iBooks Store, which asks an additional dollar above the eBooks.com version of $5.99 - making it $6.99 on iBooks Store. I bought the iBooks store copy.

But, now I'm interested in trying to determine if there is a way to purchase an Amazon.com Kindle copy of a book and convert it. I'm sure I'm not the only person interested in this whole thing. Perhaps I'll get some more interest if ask on a Calibre forum or something.

jaques

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! it is an informative thread I read it attentively and I got more from it. AVS is also a collection of ibooks to learn. our website is as,
avslearning.com

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You have a couple of problems here.

The first is getting the book out of the Kindle App on the iPad. You would have to use a tool that can read an iPad backup file and extract the .azw files.

Next you would have to break the DRM, since the files are protected from being read anywhere but on the Kindle of the account holder.

Once you did this, you could convert them using Calibre to any format you wanted.

... I read mine in the Kindle App...

-t

Most reactions