What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bluetooth keyboard

Montereybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes I use my bluetooth keyboard with my iPad. Is there any reason I shouldn't keep bluetooth constantly enabled or the keyboard constantly powered on?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For myself, an owner of the Apple BT keyboard which I use intermittently, I only turn on & pair the keyboard when I want to use it - leaving the BT on in the iPad will require some power from your battery, so just a waste of energy that can be used for other purposes but just my opinion; OTOH, if you are using your KB on a daily basis, then for me I'd probably just leave BT activated and make sure my iPad battery is charged! Hope this helps - :)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed, if you're using your BT keyboard daily there's no reason to turn it off. I use the Apple BT keyboard with my iMac every day and the keyboard batteries (rechargeable) are good for about six to eight weeks.

Leaving BT enabled on your iPad will use very little power.

Most reactions

Latest posts