What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black type on black background

Gary Borgnino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I bring up my business website, I can't read the text unless it is a color other black because of a black background. This only happens on the iPad. It does not happen when I open on my windows PC. This began today and can,t figure out why or how to change to a white background.

Last edited:

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
You might try inverting the colors when visiting the site.

Invert the screen’s colors: [FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set][FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set]In Settings, choose General > Accessibility, then tap "White on Black."[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set][FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set][FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set]Remember to change back afterwards because it plays havoc with your other apps.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I bring up my business website, I can't read the text unless it is a color other black because of a black background. This only happens on the iPad. It does not happen when I open on my windows PC. This began today and can,t figure out why or how to change to a white background.

The iPad browser is a fully compliant webkit browser. If your website isn't showing up on your iPad, then you may want to tell someone, because that means it won't display properly on the iPhone and many other devices.

monstergram

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found that when I asked for the black background with white type on my Nook app, the entire screen of the iPad is now white on black and all the pictures look like negatives. When I go back to Nook and set it to black type on white, the Nook books look fine, but every other page in any other app. is still black background. Yikes! I deleted Nook and reinstalled it, synced the iPad to the computer, and now I'm at a loss.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I found that when I asked for the black background with white type on my Nook app, the entire screen of the iPad is now white on black and all the pictures look like negatives. When I go back to Nook and set it to black type on white, the Nook books look fine, but every other page in any other app. is still black background. Yikes! I deleted Nook and reinstalled it, synced the iPad to the computer, and now I'm at a loss.

This is quite an old thread...however, have you gone to your iPad settings---general---accessibility---white on black?

Most reactions

Latest posts