What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Screen of DEATH!!! need experts

itsbroken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

So I have the age old question of My iPad Mini 1 (iOS 8.something) has the black screen of DEATH!!!! BUMBUMBUUUUM
How do I fix it?

Unlike most people who have asked the question and have done nothing prior to asking, I have done all that I can find on the internet. This includes

Plug it in for power - NOPE Nothing
Reset it - Nope Nothing
Hard reset - Nope Nothing
Plug into iTunes and update/restore - Nope Nothing
All the "software" tricks show up nothing on the screen. it stays black (not even a back light or apple loge etc.) and does not show up on iTunes.

I have gone as far as pulling it apart and replacing the battery (which might I add wasn't as scary as most people make out to be) (this fixed my iPhone 4 but not my mini) and repeating all those steps above plus some with the same results

Another possible symptom I have is that both the old/original battery and the new replacement one (after the screen went black) heat up and get quite warm.

I am after real help here as there is no apple store near me for over 1000km's and repairs get done by me(and they would probably shrug it off anyway and tell me the steps I have already taken).

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

So I have the age old question of My iPad Mini 1 (iOS 8.something) has the black screen of DEATH!!!! BUMBUMBUUUUM
How do I fix it?

Unlike most people who have asked the question and have done nothing prior to asking, I have done all that I can find on the internet. This includes

Plug it in for power - NOPE Nothing
Reset it - Nope Nothing
Hard reset - Nope Nothing
Plug into iTunes and update/restore - Nope Nothing
All the "software" tricks show up nothing on the screen. it stays black (not even a back light or apple loge etc.) and does not show up on iTunes.

I have gone as far as pulling it apart and replacing the battery (which might I add wasn't as scary as most people make out to be) (this fixed my iPhone 4 but not my mini) and repeating all those steps above plus some with the same results

Another possible symptom I have is that both the old/original battery and the new replacement one (after the screen went black) heat up and get quite warm.

I am after real help here as there is no apple store near me for over 1000km's and repairs get done by me(and they would probably shrug it off anyway and tell me the steps I have already taken).
With all the testing you've done and with the battery heating up like that, you've almost certainly got a hardware failure that's also shorting out the battery circuit somewhere. If you want to find out exactly what the problem is you'll have to take it to an Apple Store or a repair shop with the diagnostic equipment to diagnose the problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts