What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big learning curve

Shelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I asked for an ereader for my bday, and my dear hubby got me an iPad 2. :) So far, the only book I've read on here is the users manual. This is my first apple product, so I have a lot to learn. I was browsing iBooks and already the screen froze in the bookstore, so that app is stuck.
I am ex military, married to retired military, and now homeschool 4 of my children while my toddler runs circles around us.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Toddlers are fun...I have some here too..

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new iPad!

When the screen freezes in an app, if you can't get out of the app by pressing the home button, hold down the power button and the home button until the screen goes black and the apple logo appears - that restarts the iPad. If you can get out of the app by pressing the home button, double click the home button and a bar of open apps appears. Hold down the iBooks icon until it jiggles. Then tap the red dash to close it. Try re-opening the app again. Hopefully it won't freeze the next time!

I love iBooks. I had a nook that I sold for my iPad and I don't regret it. iBooks has a lot of awesome features - tapping a word and getting a definition, being able to highlight, being able to change the font, brightness, etc. I hope you enjoy it!

OP
S

Shelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the 2nd suggestion, for when you can leave the app, and it worked beautifully! I already love this forum . . . Thank you!

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you live near an Apple store, but they run free, excellent iPad classes. As an Apple newbie, I found them invaluable.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Don't forget to get and check out Amazon's Kindle app too. No reason to limit yourself to just one book store.

Note: both iBook and Kindle books are proprietary; you can only read them in that companies app(s). This is typical of the large ebook stores.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't forget kobo.it has other publisher items and many different authors.
Not as god as amazon on price but great as a second source

Most reactions

Latest posts