What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Way to Crop Images - Currently using Pages

owlsheadbiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, folks ...

My client frequently takes pictures for her blog and needs to crop them. Thus far, she has been inserting non-cropped images. Recently, she discovered that she can crop images using the mask feature in Pages. This works great and she likes it... but can't figure out how to save the images.

We tried it out together the other day ... she can either save the whole page with the cropped/masked image, or she can copy the image. Trouble is, we couldn't figure out how to paste that copied image into one of her galleries. Can anyone help?

Is there a better - free or cheap - app she can use to crop her images on her iPad?

Thanks very much for your help!
~owlsheadbiz

PS: I am unable to test these things myself because I don't have an iPad!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll move this to the Help section, but leave a redirect - two for the price of one...

Tim

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For web work I use a wonderful little program called IMAGEWELL. It's Mac only but is one of the absolutely essential programs I have on my desktop and laptop. I always do my cropping before I place images, and I do it on the larger, more capable machines. I wrote the IMAGEWELL folks and asked them if they had plans to do an iPad version. Sadly, they have no such plans. Anyway... my advice: crop elsewhere and THEN drop into the iPad app.

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Photolr Photo Studio HD, myself. Found it offered more editing capabilities then PS Express in its free version. Could well be worth looking into! 

//Stefan 

Most reactions

Latest posts