What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best RSS Reader for iPad

TecMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Friends:

I'm looking for the Best RSS Reader for iPad...I have som options...

1. Pulse News Reader
2. Reeder for iPad
3. MobileRSS HD ~ Google RSS News...
4. Feeddler RSS Reader Pro

but I'm not sure what is the best...I want that the app has the following:

- Syncs with Google Reader
- Supports sync all subscriptions, and sync subscriptions in a folder/tag
- Smart search: No need for complicated RSS 2.0/XML/*#@ feed addresses. All you have to do is enter keywords and Pulse fetches the feed for you. You can add upto 20 sources in this version.
- Share items by Email, Twitter, Facebook, Delicious, ReadItLater and Instapaper
- Comprehensive suite of offline capabilities
- Able to open full articles in Safari.

What do you recommend me?

Thanks

TecMan
Apple iPad 64GB-3G

Last edited:

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Reeder and really like it. It syncs seamlessly with my google reader and supports folders. It downloads the feeds so that you can read them offline. You can share with everything you mentioned right from the app except for with Facebook. It has a built in browser and long pressing a feed allows you to open it in Safari. I haven't tried adding a feed from the app so I can't help you there. Overall I am very satisfied with it and would recommend it to you.

ChemoSabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started using Early Edition, did not like the newspaper format. I switched to Pulse and have really liked it so far. I like the new feature that allows you to create feeds that friends can also view.

However, these are the only two that I have tried.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
While Pulse wins from a graphical point of view, Reeder is just so efficient in use.
If you've a large number of subscriptions it's definitely the fastest way to work through them.

OP
T

TecMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Friends:

Thanks for your comments & recommendations...I have 2-very interesting options:

1. Pulse News Reader (While Pulse wins from a graphical point of view)
2. Reeder for iPad (If you've a large number of subscriptions it's definitely the fastest way to work through them)

Thanks

TecMan
Apple iPad 64GB-3G

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NewsRAck Hands Down is Best RSS Reader

For technical reasons NewsRack is the best RSS Reader if you have lots of RSS feeds.

I regret purchasing the others mentioned in this thread!

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use MobileRSS HD. I read my >20 feeds several times a day. I
like it, however, it does tend to crash if I haven't let it finish loading all the items/pics.

It does everything you're asking for, except smartsearch...have never tried a search, so don't know if it exists in the app.

I also use the normal version on my iPhone.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Damn can't beat "for technical reasons".

Unless I raise you with "Unicorn Tears.........."

Arthur Hucksake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Newsrack is the best for me overall, and i've tried alot of them. I use Pulse too, but for specific feeds that bring up the shiny shiny pictures on them.

Mobile RSS use to be my fave but I kept running into a few gripes, like it would update and show 200 odd unread articles, click on the feed and it refused to open. Very annoying.

Reeder is good, but it's just too plain and boring looking for my liking.

OP
T

TecMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Friends:

Today, I bought a NewsRack and it's working great!!!...it's version 2.5.1 and it has all that I need (Google Reader, Special Search, etc.)

Thanks for your recommendation

TecMan
Apple iPad 64GB-3G

MobileSpoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mobilespoon.net
I use NewsRack for few months now - no complains, it's the best I've tried so far for both iPhone and iPad.

NewsRack is, in my opinion, the best RSS Reader to date, here are just a few reasons why:
  1. Stable, convenient, fast user interface
  2. Automatically finds Feed URL based on the site URL (you know how annoying that could get)
  3. Integration with Google Reader
  4. Option to arrange feeds inside folders
  5. Marking specific articles as "Starred" or "Shared"
  6. Great sharing alternatrives
  7. Built-in browser – no need to leave the application to open the original link
  8. Option to arrange specific links inside a summary mail (I'm using that a lot to send myself the best links I found)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Should add I now use Pulse for newspapers and river of news for tech feeds.
Nice to keep the two separated.
So many feeds......

panna2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While Pulse wins from a graphical point of view, Reeder is just so efficient in use.If you've a large number of subscriptions it's definitely the fastest way to work through them.But our company provide best service in all accessories.if u want see so just visit this site
ChinaBuye

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts