What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best recording options (guitar/bass and microphone)

maxstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sonoma Guitar Jack model 2 seems good, as it has a guitar and mic input. iRig seems like it is so so. I see also Apogee Jam, and Peavey's Ampkit Link.

Seems iRig and Peavey use the 1/8" input, while the Sonoma and Apogee use the bottom slot, not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

dcodella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, Daniel from Sonoma Wire Works (makers of GuitarJack) here. Saw your post and just wanted to point out why a dock connecting device is the better than using the headset in. The headset input inherently has a lot of crosstalk (noticeable with recording and input-monitoring), and the only way to have access to communicate with software (necessary for stereo recording and more) is via the dock connector. GuitarJack offers the quieter and software-controllable dock connector route. If stereo recording is important to you, you'll want a dock connecting device as the headset input is limited to mono.

GuitarJack is better than alternative dock connecting, device-powered accessories because it is the only accessory that offers all this and more: stereo recording and simultaneous voice and instrument recording with recording apps like FourTrack and StudioTrack; a 1/4 inch instrument input with configurable pad, Lo-Z and Hi-Z modes and 60 dB of continuous level control; a 1/8 inch stereo mic/line input with configurable pad and 60 dB of continuous level control; and an 1/8 inch stereo output with increased drive for headphones.

Thanks for considering GuitarJack, we really appreciate it.

OP
M

maxstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! Pretty much confirmed what I was thinking.

I run a music blog, and was wondering what the likelihood of being able to review GuitarJack for my blog would be? I'm an aspiring musician, but I know several other established musicians that would be able to make quality recordings, thus giving it a quality extensive review, which would inevitably end up ranking fairly high in search engine results. Cheers.

Most reactions

Latest posts