What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best case for ipad 2?

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After reading the thread about cracked iPads I'm thinking I need a better case. The one I have is a smart screen with a back cover.the iPad basically slides into a folder type thing and closes with the smart cover, not much padding if it were to hit the ground. Maybe something like an " other box" case? Haven't even looked to see if they make them for iPads ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Otterbox line of cases is indeed offered in versions to fit the iPad 2.

seanr7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I compared the otter box and the Griffin Survivor. I went with the survivor, it's better constructed IMO!

afc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! Just bought one from amazon from technet...love it. Protects the whole ipad2 and it is as bulky as a smart cover. 5 stars

VR41541

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought a tough jacket from Ballistic Case for $55 bucks using a code. If I dropped my IPad with this case I wouldn't freak out. It protects the device very well. The outer layer can be taken off and placed over the screen.

image-2226003897.png

image-2304809201.png

Last edited:
OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the griffin survivor cases. I was reading some reviews of the otter box cases and a lot of people were not happy with them for whatever reason.. I'm going to check the griffin ones out- thanks!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might be interested in cases by this company:

Extreme Portfolio

They have videos where they, for instance, toss an iPad in their case from 60 feet in the air onto the ground, head to head with what looks like an Otterbox, which shatters.

I've got one of their netbook sleeves, but haven't driven a car over it, hammered it, dropped a bowling ball on it, etc., (with gadgets inside) like they show on other videos. The case I have weighs next to nothing, which I like. I received an Otterbox as a gift and it weighed a ton, IMO. I returned it.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still like my CaseCrown bold. Its holding up great thus far. Its lightweight, fairly sturdy, inexpensive, and looks cool.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Griffin Survivor and I like it a lot but there is no case for the screen. It does have a thin sheet of plastic that covers the screen but if you were to drop the iPad and something hit the screen I'm pretty sure it would still crack it. I had the OtterBox first but even with the case covering the screen there are quarter sized holes in each corner where the screen is exposed. So I sold the Otterbox and just went with the Survivor.

donpaulb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gumdrop. It's like a vault for your ipad. Protects screen and the thick rubber wrap might even save a high drop. Got mine from Amazon.

Most reactions

Latest posts