What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belkin Router

laserguy007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with Belkin?? I have a Mac Mini(mid 2010), PS3, and an iPhone 4(for FaceTime pre-iPad 2), and all seem to stay connected just fine. But with my iPad 1 and iPad 2 it will drop the connection and I have to turn off/on wifi. But when I connect my iPad to any other router/hotspot, it seems to keep the connection.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Several members have reported a similar problem and found that upgrading to the latest firmware for the router fixed the issue.

Tim

OP
laserguy007

laserguy007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok so updated router firmware, did a networks reset on the iPad 2 and is still hanging. Wth? Has to be something with iPads and Belkin.

abergen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Blelkin N+ Router and I am having the exact same issue. The router works great for all my wireless devices (which are alot) except for my iPad, iPod Touch, and Apple TV. The Apple devices work for a while and then disconnect. I have to turn off and then turn on networking to get them back.

I set up a Linksys router hanging off of the Belkin, and it works great for the Apple devices, except then my Apple TV cannot see my iTunes library because they are on different subnets. Sheesh!

Anyway, I just updated the firmware on my Belkin router as a new version came out a short time ago. I will try my iPad on the Belkin again to see if it stays connected more consistently.

How do we tell the folks at Apple and/or Belkin that there is a problem here?!

wattro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad2 - belkin router

i've just gotten an ipad2 this morning, and am having problems getting it to connect (at all) to my wifi at home (belkin 54g).

i've noticed that I can connect to the belkin wifi network by using the administrator password (but this results in a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address).

if I try to use the WEP password, then the ipad2 reports "incorrect password".

i am also trying to update the firmware on my belkin 54g, but every time i try, i get a failure message (paraphrase: not enough resources, something is active on the network).

*le sigh*

any ideas?

Most reactions

Latest posts