What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery problem

anonchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My battery has been draining about 5% an hour while asleep with no apps running. I read online that restarting the ipad should fix it, and I did that, but the problem was still there.I decided to drain the battery completely and then recharge it to 100%. I did that, and now the battery is stuck at 100%. Ive been using it for 3 hours and its still at 100%. What can I do to fix this?

LeftDreams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have apps running in the background they will put a slow drain on your battery. Close any apps that you are not using. Hope this helps.

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dunno about the being stuck at 100% problem. But the battery drainage while asleep problem is usually because of wifi or 3G being on, and fetching new data.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

variador

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are noticing your battery power dropping faster than you think it should you will need to become familiar with the options in the "settings" icon.
You have the ability to turn everything on and off from the settings app. It will not manage itself and it makes a difference.
3G is expensive. GPS is expensive. WiFi is less expensive.
Each of these needs it's own type of radio to give you that service.
Each type draws it's own power.
There is no way yet to manage these radios besides the settings app.
It is not as effortless as I would like it to be. An icon that toggles wifi on and off from the desktop would be nice. Not possible yet. Not till you can script iOS.
Power in a device like this is probably going to need your direct management for a long time to come. Heavy users usually end up with everything on and many places to keep plugged in. That is the easiest answer.

Most reactions

Latest posts