Battery Maintenance

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by TFarmer, Sep 10, 2010.

1. pallentx

pallentx
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    yep, I have read that as well. Also to clarify, the issue with keeping them at full charge has nothing to do with memory like the old NiCd batteries. Ill see if I can find the article again. Its something about the battery staying at 100% - like people who keep their laptops plugged into docking stations all the time. I dont remember if its heat or some chemical breakdown that happens. You don't develop a memory, but the overall life of the battery decreases.

2. Hasty

Hasty
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    The great thing is that as computer users we are used to an upgrade cycle of every couple of years. I will certainly be buying the next version of the iPad even though I don't care about a camera, so battery life won't be a priority.

3. Demandarin

Demandarin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Hands down, the ipad has the best battery life of any electronic device this size and caliber. Im still not used to it yet. Lol. I always wanna plug it up to the charger, by habit. Im constantly usimg this for everything i can and battery still goes. Apple definitely scored big in this department. Unbelievable. People be amazed whn they hear how long the battery life is. Especially compared to laptops. Laptop needs at least 3 charges to keep up with our 1 charge. ;-). Saves time n they say time is money.

4. STEVEMS2305

STEVEMS2305
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Everyone has an opinion BUT this is from APPLE:

Use Your iPad Regularly

For proper reporting of the battery’s state of charge, be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).

5. Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    The standard procedure is to run the battery down to 20% before recharging it and allow it to go to zero once a month.