1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

batteri problems

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by Wanted56, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Wanted56

Wanted56 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi

I have a ipad 1 gene, now I have had problems with it for long. When I try to charge it (with the original charger) I just get the plug connector by the battery, and it will not charge. When connected to the charger, turn it on and off by themselves, have tried to restore it, but did not work either. thought it was a thing with the update to ios 5.0. Now that I have innsatalert 5.1 does not comply with this error. Hope someone can help me with it.

Thank you
    Closed frustrated ipad use
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +745 / 0
    Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Please take a look at this Apple support article on Battery Management - an Apple recommendation is to allow the battery to fully discharge about once a month which re-calibrates charge monitoring of the battery.

Also, if available (friend or Apple store?), try another iPad charger (you'll need one that outputs 10 W like the original); if you do visit an Apple store (or another place that can test your battery/charger) further in depth testing can be done.

Finally, if the battery might need to be replaced, review this other Apple support article on Battery Replacement - the 'new' iPad might be another consideration, if you do need the battery replaced? Good luck and please post back your results - :thumbs:
  3. Alexander_john

Alexander_john iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,
    Well i also update my Ipad,
    But i didn't found any change with my battery..
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  4. shelleyaz

shelleyaz iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Check your cord, is it kinked at the place where you plug it in? I have had to replace mine three times (FREE from the store).