1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Barnes & Noble App

Discussion in 'iBooks' started by Jazzephaye, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Jazzephaye

Jazzephaye iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    If you have not downloaded and tried out the Barnes & Noble App...you should. You deicide for youself whether you think it's better than Kindle or iBooks. I like it because it definitey has a larger variety of books available. The kindle is pretty cool though...being that you can download whole books at no charge.

Point is.....try Barnes & Noble and see if you like it.
  2. Bremen

Bremen iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I have 6readers on my iPad, including the B&N one. iBooks is still my personal favorite, but I use them all for different things. The B&N is fine.... I like choices. Kindle has the largest book selection, and most of the time a good price, but hard to get the DRM off...

I actually buy most of my books from Kobo (who also have an app) and rip the DRM and read them in iBooks.....
  3. Blind

Blind iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I grabbed it from iTunes, but Amazon completely destroys them when it comes to titles. Amazon also beats their prices, although I suspect that might change w/some price-fixing now that the Amazon monopoly is beginning to crumble.

What I'm really excited about is this summer the Google titles will become available. Presumably they will serve up a 1st class reader app too.
  4. cherhall

cherhall iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Stanza is now universal also! Just installed it and downloaded a book from my Fictionwise bookshelf! So now I can have all my books on iPad, in iPad apps! Can't say how good it is yet, but I got my book easily, it looks good, seems to have a lot of options, but haven't really "used" it yet.
  5. Bremen

Bremen iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0

I did not no that! Headed to the app store now :)