What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

backup question

Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
if i backup my device in itunes, will that be an instant restore point if i choose to restore to it? like a snap shot?

Like a snapshot. The restore will be virtually identical to the iPad at the time the backup was taken.

Except, no passwords are stored, so you will have to manually add them after the restore to the iPad lock, email accounts, etc.

Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
and, out of interest, where are these backups made? can i copy them or specify them to be made into my itunes media library on my pocket hard drive i use?

iTunes stores them in it's own location, which cannot be changed.

If you use Windows 7, then they are located under C:\Users\Appdata\Roaming\Apple Computer\Mobile Sync\Backup
So to put them on your own hard drive, yo would have to manually copy them, or use an application, such as AllwaySync to monitor the backup folder for changes and then have it make a copy somewhere else, as soon as the backup is updated.

You may have to set the explorer options to show Hidden Files/Folders, to be able to see the Appdata folder. Here is a quick & painless instruction for that:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial151.html

jhnjohn359

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I faces the problem when my iPad data get deleted accidentally .That I feel helpless. I can backup iPad with the help of iTunes. all the formatted and deleted data of iPad gets recovered.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not a bad idea to make a DVD backup from time to time also....If Itunes gets corrupt and needs to be re-installed, you just insert the first disc and follow the prompts.

Jeff

Most reactions

Latest posts